Hello IES Falun!
Yesterday, our school ran Skoljoggen for the first time, and it was such a great morning!
Students arrived at school between 08:00 - 09:00 for some warm oatmeal and sandwiches at Breakfast Club, and then they headed out to Kålgården for their 60 minute run, jog, walk, or skip around the lake. We also lucked out with some gorgeous autumn weather - perfect for some outdoor exercise!
The loop around Kålgården is approximately 1500m long - which is a pretty long route! But our staff and students were able to do an average of 3 laps around the lake (4.5 km!). So on that note, we wanted to share some statistics from our very first Skoljoggen!
**Our students ran around Kålgården a total of 1146 times!**
**Our students ran a total of 1716 km!**
JUNIOR SCHOOL RESULTS
- 3rd place prize goes to… 6C with 85 laps around Kålgården (127.5 km!)
- 2nd place prize goes to… 6A with 89 laps around Kålgården (133.5 km!)
- 1st place prize goes to… 5C with 90 laps around Kålgården (135 km!)
SENIOR SCHOOL RESULTS
- 3rd place prize goes to… 7A with 73 laps around Kålgården (109.5 km!)
- 2nd place prize goes to… 7C with 74 laps around Kålgården (111 km!)
- 1st place prize goes to… 9A with 78 laps around Kålgården (117 km!)
Congratulations to our Winning Class: 5C!! These students ran 135 kms together, averaging 5.6 km a person. Way to go, 5C!
A big thank you to everyone who has already contributed on behalf of our school to Clowner utan Gränser. If you would like to make a donation still, you can visit our *IES Falun Skoljoggen Page*, and it will be open until Saturday, September 30th.
Good job, IES Falun!